September 22, 2017
The majority of hospital executives (75 percent) say they are investing in digital innovations as part of their organization’s long-term strategy and to differentiate them competitively, according to a recent survey.
For the survey, the American Hospital Association and the healthcare innovation network Avia asked 44 healthcare CEOs and 273 innovation leaders about their digital innovation plans.
Here are six things to know.
1. Ninety-three percent of respondents said their teams understand the value of digital innovation.
2. However, 70 percent of respondents do not believe their IT departments have sufficient resources to effectively support digital innovation.
3. Fifty-four percent of respondents believe the time put into digital innovation is spent inefficiently.
4. Twenty-nine percent of respondents have already built or are planning to build an innovation center in the next 18 months, with 72 percent of hospitals sized 400 beds or more indicating this category.
5. Here are five areas in which hospitals are planning to innovate.
6. Fifty-two percent of respondents said they are holding off on digital innovation due to a lack of capital.