This content is from AVIA’s bi-weekly email newsletter, the AVIA Bulletin, where we share industry news and explore healthcare trends. Want the Bulletin directly in your inbox? Complete the form at the bottom of this page to subscribe.
Some Member love
We may be biased, but we’ve assembled the coolest club in town: 45+ health systems from around the country who come together as the AVIA Network to explore, innovate, and drive digital transformation in healthcare. Our Members are up to some pretty awesome things, and we wanted to share some of the highlights with you.
In this week’s bulletin, we’ll explore stories of digital transformation across the AVIA Member Network, from building a digital patient experience to addressing health equity to innovative industry partnerships. Let’s dive in.
- Digitizing the patient experience at Beacon Health System [AVIA]: It’s possible to research, select, and launch digital solutions in less than 90 days – yes, really. Learn about how Beacon Health System leveraged digital solutions to optimize their patient experience.
- Accelerating virtual health at Piedmont Healthcare during COVID-19 [AVIA]: “We’re no longer thinking about virtual health as an independent silo,” says Patrick Cossart, Telehealth Program Manager at Piedmont Healthcare. COVID-19 put the health system’s efforts into overdrive, leading to rapid innovation.
- Building a successful NEMT program: A spotlight on BJC HealthCare and ChristianaCare [AVIA]: Health inequities can be addressed in a number of ways, including through a non-emergent medical transport (NEMT) program. AVIA Members BJC HealthCare and ChristianaCare found success in building and launching their NEMT programs by finding true partners in digital solution companies.
- US Health Giants Form Startup to Share, Analyze Patient Data [Bloomberg]: When AVIA Members come together, magic happens. Providence, Henry Ford Health System, Sentara, Memorial Hermann, and Bon Secours Mercy Health, along with nine other health systems, launched new venture Truveta to revolutionize healthcare through data. The company aims to improve patient care, advance health equity, and empower patients through collaboration and a shared sense of purpose.
Upcoming AVIA events
- May 18, 1 – 1:45 PM CT: Health Equity in the Spotlight: A Conversation with HonorHealth and ChristianaCare
- Recording – 4 Big Moves to Emerge Stronger with Digital | View the recording and access the slides
See all events
Member spotlight: Beacon Health System
“Our partnership with AVIA has provided a hard-to-find asset of views into successful and failed digital technology initiatives across the U.S. healthcare industry. They not only have insights into the vendor trends and improvements, but also provide an active Membership network to connect people to colleagues to compare experiences and lessons learned.” – Mark Warlick, Chief Information Officer, Beacon Health System
Read Beacon’s Member story
Just for fun: AVIA Member anthems
Digital transformation can be “freaking hard,” as AVIA CEO Linda Finkel said during the 2021 AVIA Virtual Network Summit. If you’re ever frustrated by the day-to-day challenges of rolling out digital initiatives at your health system, put on a song from our AVIA Member Anthem Spotify playlist to remind yourself we’re all in this together – and stronger because of it.